Welcome Information from Memorial High School
Hello Future Spartans and Families,
We hope that you are having a fantastic Spring semester. Enjoy these last months of middle school and all that they have to offer. As we continue to plan for and think about the Fall, we wanted to provide you with some information as it relates to the 8th to 9th Grade transition. We will be in touch with more details later in the summer. Please see the information below:
Enrollment: All students attending Memorial in the Fall will need to complete the enrollment process. Specifics about the process will be provided over the summer, with enrollment dates as follows:
- Thursday, August 11, 2022 12:00 - 6:00 (by appointment only) = Students new to the district that have not yet enrolled - Contact Sherry Zander at 608-663-6054 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a virtual appointment
- Monday, August 15, 2022 11:00 - 6:00 = All Grades
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022 7:30 - 1:00 = All Grades
Virtual Tour: We know that navigating a new school, especially one of this size, can be difficult. Please know that we will organize a variety of supports to help familiarize you with Memorial in the Fall. In the meantime, check out this virtual tour (English/Spanish) of Memorial. Please note that some things will look different when you begin school in September thanks to the renovations and new construction projects resulting from the passage of our most recent referendum. We can’t wait to have you here with us.
First Day of School: The first day of school for Freshmen for the 2022-2023 school year will be on Thursday, September 1st. We have designed a day that will orient you to Memorial High School and help welcome you to our Spartan Family. Throughout the course of the day, you can expect the following:
- An opportunity to meet all of your teachers and engage in a shortened version of your daily class schedule.
- A small group tour of the building as well as specific tips on how to navigate the school.
- An introduction to your Neighborhood Team who will be supporting you in various ways over the course of the next four years (Assistant Principal, Administrative Assistant, Counselor, Social Worker, Psychologist, Dean of Students, Multicultural Services Coordinator, and Nurse).
- An explanation of available lunch food, activity, and support options.
- An upper-classmen student panel
- A Club and Activity Fair as well as an explanation of all extracurricular options available to students throughout the year. Students will also have an opportunity to complete a survey to get connected to their extracurricular programs of interest.
Summer Engagement Opportunities:
- Speed and Strength: The Memorial Athletic Department offers a Summer Speed & Strength Program for all athletes. Please view the attached document for Speed and Strength programming details and sign up information.
- Spartan Sports Kick-Off Meeting: July 28, 2022 - 6:30 - 8:00 PM - This virtual event will review the required forms for all students participating in athletics during the 2022-2023 school year and allow athletes and families to meet with coaches for sport specific information. The event will cover the Athletic Code as well as student-athlete and parent responsibilities to the Code, school, and team. All Memorial students who wish to participate in a WIAA sport during the 2022-2023 school year must attend this event with a parent or guardian. There will be a pre-meeting for all students and families interested in learning more about competing in athletics beyond the high school level.
- Student-Athlete Connection Survey - Please complete this Survey to receive athletics and sport-specific email communications.
- For any Athletics related questions, please contact Athletic Director Jeremy Schlitz at email@example.com
- MSCR High School Summer Programs 2022: Please view the MSCR High School Summer Programs 2022 Website for information about Free Summer engagement opportunities for High School students.
Please reach out with any questions or concerns you may have. We look forward to seeing you soon, Spartans!
Memorial 8th to 9th Grade Transition Team