Madison has a goal for all our students to graduate with the skills and abilities to be successful in college, career and community. This goal was developed with feedback from more than 2500 students, teachers and community members. You can see these skills above in what we call the MMSD Graduate Vision. Teachers support student development of Graduate Vision skills as part of the Academic and Career Planning process. MMSD is currently implementing Academic and Career Planning (ACP) in grades 6-12 to support all students in being College, Career, and Community Ready.
Through Academic & Career Planning students are beginning to answer these questions:
- Who am I?
- Where am I going?
- How will I get there?
- Who are we together?
As part of Academic and Career Planning, students will explore educational and career opportunities, reflect on growth, and develop high school and post-high school plans. Your student will have ACP lessons on Mondays during their CPR time at the beginning of the school day. Each student will maintain an e-portfolio to hold evidence of their exploration, growth, and next steps. This portfolio is housed within Xello, a post-secondary planning website. At the end of 8th, 10th, and 12th grade, students will complete a Portfolio Presentation by sharing key items from this portfolio to tell their story of growth, readiness, and next steps with an adult.
At Thomas Jefferson Middle School, students are on their path to being College, Career, and Community Ready!
Check out what we are doing to get there…
- Experiential Learning Field Trips:
- All sixth grade students will visit Madison College as part of Education Quest on December 4th.
- All seventh grade students will participate in a FutureQuest trip to the Alliant Energy Center on November 21st.
- All eighth grade students will participate in roundtable discussions as a part of school makes a difference.
How do I support my student’s College, Career and Community Readiness?
- Check out resources at MMSD's family resource page!
- Want to know what's happening in terms of Academic and Career Planning at each grade level? Check out this link.
How do I learn more?
Contact our ACP Coordinator!
Marie Nikolay ~ email@example.com ~ 608-663-6069